The Bio-Serv Enhancement or Improvement of Animal Welfare Award
- Complimentary registration for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium
- *Please note registration is for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium within the year the award is won and is non-transferable. Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
Presented to a person who has exhibited a positive impact to enrich, enhance and/or improve the lives of animals or their work environment in regards to animal welfare. They have positively impacted research and the morale of the animal care staff with improvements, and have displayed the 3 R’s (reduction, refinement, replacement) in their plan for enhancement and improvement.
How to Nominate a Candidate
To nominate a candidate, two (2) written recommendations must be submitted stating why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria listed below, a letter of support and the completed nomination form. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
The selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Has enriched the lives of the animals they work with
- Has enhanced the living environment for the animal colonies they work with
- Has positively impacted research and the morale of the animal care staff with improvements
- Has displayed the 3 R’s (reduction, refinement, replacement) in their plan for enhancement and improvement
- Has reduced or eliminated distress or created other benefits for the animals they work with.
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing.