Charles River Canada Award
- Complimentary registration for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium
- *Please note: registration is for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium within the year the award is won and is non-transferable. Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
Considered to be the most prestigious award offered by CALAS/ACSAL, the intent is to recognize outstanding contributions to the Canadian lab animal science field. It is given only if a worthy candidate is nominated. Nominations are open to both professional and non-professionals, employed in the field of lab animal science.
To nominate a candidate, two (2) written recommendations must be submitted stating why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria listed below, a letter of support and the completed nomination form below. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
CriteriaThe selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Outstanding accomplishment in the improvement of care and quality of animals used in research
- Productivity and development in CALAS/ACSAL
- Dedication to the Association
- Research in any aspect of laboratory animal care
- Contributions to education in animal care
- Development and diplomacy in human relationship concerned in animal care
- Years of service
- Administrative capabilities while managing a laboratory animal facility
- Special achievements
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing