Tecniplast Veterinarian of the Year Award
- Complimentary registration for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium
- *Please note registration is for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium within the year the award is won and is non-transferable. Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
To recognize the dedication of the Veterinarian within the CALAS/ACSAL organization who supports and encourages excellence in Laboratory Animal Science both locally and nationally. Candidates are judged according to their dedicated support of CALAS/ACSAL through volunteer efforts, as well as mentorship of other veterinarians, managers and technical staff within the laboratory animal science field.
To nominate a candidate, two (2) written recommendations must be submitted stating why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria listed below, a letter of support and the completed nomination form. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
The selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Demonstrated support of CALAS/ACSAL through volunteer efforts
- Exceptional mentorship of other veterinarians, managers and technical staff within the laboratory animal science field
- Continued dedication to improving the welfare of animals used in research and fostering that dedication in others
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing