The Bio-Serv Enhancement or Improvement of Animal Welfare Award
- Complimentary registration for a CALAS/ACSAL Interactive Online Workshop in 2020
- Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
Presented to a person who has exhibited a positive impact to enrich, enhance and/or improve the lives of animals or their work environment in regards to animal welfare. They have positively impacted research and the morale of the animal care staff with improvements, and have displayed the 3 R’s (reduction, refinement, replacement) in their plan for enhancement and improvement.
How to Nominate a Candidate
To nominate a candidate please submit the completed nomination form below along with contact information of at least two references and one nomination letter that states why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria below. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
The selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Has enriched the lives of the animals they work with
- Has enhanced the living environment for the animal colonies they work with
- Has positively impacted research and the morale of the animal care staff with improvements
- Has displayed the 3 R’s (reduction, refinement, replacement) in their plan for enhancement and improvement
- Has reduced or eliminated distress or created other benefits for the animals they work with.
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing.