Allentown Leadership Award
- Complimentary registration for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium
- *Please note registration is for the CALAS/ACSAL Symposium within the year the award is won and is non-transferable. Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
Offered to a laboratory animal technician who demonstrates promising leadership qualities and shows the potential to become a leader of tomorrow. The recipient is someone who is involved in teaching others and often takes on a mentoring role with junior technicians. The candidate need not be a manager but may supervise or lead a group of people.
To nominate a candidate, two (2) written recommendations must be submitted stating why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria listed below, a letter of support and the completed nomination form. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
The selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Has at least 5 years in the field
- Educational background (open to everyone)
- Participates in teaching/training in the field
- Participates in CALAS/ACSAL at the National or Regional level
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing