Charles River Canada Award
- Complimentary registration for a CALAS/ACSAL Interactive Online Worskop in 2020
- Only one registration will be awarded in cases where there are two award winners or a team.
About this Award
Considered to be the most prestigious award offered by CALAS/ACSAL, the intent is to recognize outstanding contributions to the Canadian lab animal science field. It is given only if a worthy candidate is nominated. Nominations are open to both professional and non-professionals, employed in the field of lab animal science.
To nominate a candidate please submit the completed nomination form below along with contact information of at least two references and one nomination letter that states why the candidate is deserving of the award based on the criteria below. Nominations will be accepted only from CALAS/ACSAL members in good standing.
CriteriaThe selection panel will judge the candidates according to each of the criteria outlined below:
- Outstanding accomplishment in the improvement of care and quality of animals used in research
- Productivity and development in CALAS/ACSAL
- Dedication to the Association
- Research in any aspect of laboratory animal care
- Contributions to education in animal care
- Development and diplomacy in human relationship concerned in animal care
- Years of service
- Administrative capabilities while managing a laboratory animal facility
- Special achievements
- Is a CALAS/ACSAL Member in good standing